Sunday, December 16, 2012

Flying Bat: Thanksgiving Feast

The Kindergarteners at Zachary's school had a Thankgiving Feast. Zachary's Teacher, Mrs. A spent about two weeks teaching about the Pilgrims, Indians, The First Thanksgiving, and The Mayflower.  Zach would come home every day telling me new details and facts. His art teacher spent about 2-3 weeks of art making custom clay necklaces. Zachary could hardly wait until his art class on Monday when the clay had been fired.  He loves stuff like that. 
 
Each student picked an Indian name. Zachary's was FLYING BAT.  It was funny because all the kids knew each others name and in the classroom they were called their Indian name. When I was up there volunteering I had to giggle because Mrs. A would say, "Shy Deer" I need you to come do your word ring at my desk. Or I heard, "Dancing Zebra" can you bring me your paper".  It got to be where Zachary wanted us to refer to him as "Flying Bat" at dinner.  Too funny!
 
Mrs. A's Kindergarten Class at the Feast

Flying Bat's vest

Zachary's Thanksgiving Feast Plate...popcorn, cheese, summer sausage, turkey slice, and Lofthouse sugar cookie. YUM!
 These three boys are ADORABLE!  They are the three amigos in their class.  My prayer is that these three can remain best friends all through out their school days. Kevin is still best buds with friends from his kindergarten class so it can be done. 
 Pilgrim Bartholomew came over for a picture.  This was hilarious. I had no idea who the pilgrim was. I thought it was either a dad or the Principal's son.  I said, "Hey pilgrim can these boys get a picture with you."  Come to find out this is Dr. Kevin Kopp he's the Executive Director of Elementary Education for our district.  After finding out this information I was embarrassed that I called him "Pilgrim". It was very sweet of him to come read to the kids and dress up.
Zachary with Pilgrim Dr. Kopp

I am just in love with Zachary's school, teacher, special teachers, and the entire crew at his elementary school. The amount of time they spend inside the classroom and outside of the classroom is impressive.  He's had a great year so far! 

No comments: