Friday, December 21, 2012

A few of my favorite things....

I always enjoy it when my blog friends do a FAVORITE THINGS post.  I like it because I get exposure on new things.  I am such a loyal consumer. If I find something I like I keep using it forever.  Sometimes it can be a problem because I don't try new things and I get in a time warp. 
Please share in my comments some of your favorite things or let me know if you have a favorite things on your blog. I love learning about new items.
 
 
Here are a few of my favorite things at this current time. 
 
Favorite Thing #1 NAKED eye shadow palatte by Urban Decay.
I came across this eye shadow about a year ago at Sephora.  I.LOVE.IT!  You can do so many different looks with it, it says on all day, and there are a ton of youtube videos on how to apply this that you can't go wrong.  Currently urban decay has 2 different palattes out. I have the 1st one and have used it for over 10 months.  It's kinda expensive but if you think of it that you are getting 12 different eye shadows and an application brush...plus I got a bonus in my package when I bought it. It's not too bad.
 
 Favorite thing #2 is Deco Mesh. 
I started using this on my tree 3 years ago.  Back then it was very hard to find, only came in about 5 colors and was never on sale. This year Hob.Lob has it and it's almost always 50% off making it about $5 a roll. Plus they have a ton of different colors. LOVE this stuff!

Here's a pic of it on our tree...ignore my adorable boys playing with the train, sitting on the train.

 
My #3 Favorite thing is Dunkin Donut Coffee. 
LOVE IT! Enough said!
 Favorite thing #4 is Staples Academic Calendar. 
Yes, I know I haven't been in college for over 10 years but I still use this. I love the daily pages, the monthly calendar, notes section, and the plastic binders.  My mom just got a new erincondrin planner that is super custom and adorable.  I have thought about switching but you can't beat the $19.99 price. 
 Favorite Thing #5...Holly Jolly Scentsy Warmer.
I have 2 scentsy warmers. I only use them at Halloween and Christmas. I just love the look of this one and it serves as a great little light on my kitchen counter.  I love the glow and the smells!

Favorite Thing #6 Soma Intimates Cool Nights PJS. 
 Last year my inlaws got these for me for Christmas.  I fell in LOVE. They are so soft, comfortable, and fashionable.  I can't wait to slip into my pjs every night because they are so comfy.
 Favorite Thing #7 Soma Intimates Slimming Leggings. 
I could wear leggings everyday. I love them.  They are much more comfortable than jeans and skinny jeans are not in my vocab. LOL!  The problem with leggings is they can be thin or they wear out really fast. I have found if I spend a little extra on a good pair of leggings they last much longer and feel better.  These are my favorites!
 
Favorite Thing # 8: Amazon
This year I became an Amazon prime member...which means I get free shipping, and a lot of free things for my kindle.  I LOVE it.  I have done about 80% of my shopping on amazon this year.  I don't have to leave the house. I can see the reviews and it's on my doorstep in 2 days. My husband doesn't like it so much because our UPS lady brings all of our home items to his office. He doesn't like bringing everything I order home with him and he thinks that his staff thinks all I do is sit at home, shop online, and eat bon bons.
 Lastly, my most favorite thing this season has been Stormie Omartian's book, The Power of a Praying Life. I have read about 5 of her books. I was ready for something new.  This was exactly what I needed.  She motivates me to study God's word more than any other person. My husband jokes that I act like Stormie is my BFF. I am always referring to her. Almost daily I say, "Stormie, had a great reference to ....scripture".  She's always the topic of conversation at the dinner table. I love her passion for the word. 

 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my Soma Intimates Slimming Leggings! I actually went there this weekend and stocked up on more Soma Intimates goodies! I’m amazed at the quality.

Karen Baguios said...

I love Soma Intimate products!
Virtual Assistant in Philippines