Monday, July 18, 2011

Making room for Will

Last week was a very productive week for me. Zachary and I were able to stay home from our daily routines & errands which meant that we could really knock out a lot on the "getting ready for baby" list.

We spent one entire day sorting and washing all of the Baby boy clothing size newborn to 12 months. Fortunately my sister and I had our first baby boys within 8 months of each other. So we shared a lot of items (bouncy seat, swing, clothing, jumperoo, etc).  The past 5 years we have been transporting large plastic bins back and forth from each others houses for the boys to share/re-use.  I did have some nostalgic moments as I went through the bin of newborn clothes. I would pull something out and holler for Zachary to come and see how tiny he was, etc.  Of course some of the items had to be put in a garage sale pile because they have been used on three boys (E, Z, and J) but for the most part everything can and will be used again. 



I think this was load #25! LOL!


Here is the progress on going through the bins.  Will definitely has a ton of socks and bibs. His nursery is coming together nicely...it just takes a long time for everything to find a home.  I will be doing a nursery reveal once it is done. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be done by August.  We'll see!
My mom came over one afternoon and evening to help me with my project list.  I LOVE PROJECTS!  I have been compiling a list of things I wanted to do for this baby since I got over the morning sickness.  I would gather items as I went to Hob Lob and then set them aside waiting for the perfect time in our busy schedule to pull everything out.  Mom was a HUGE help.  Zachary did quite well too. He would help and then go off and play without us. 

As you can see in this picture we had everything out in my basement.  By the time we were done on the first night it looked like a warzone.  My mom offered to help me pick it up but I knew there were going to be at least 3 more days of projects so I begged her to leave it a mess. 




Thankfully my mom and I were able to knock out 2 BIG projects.  The following day I was able to sew a few custom items for Will.  My in-laws offered to take Z to a butterfly release at a park for the morning so I was able to pull out the sewing machine and sew away.  I will do a post about the projects when they are all done and ready for Will. 

2 comments:

Misty said...

Sounds like you are nesting girl!!! Can't wait to see the nursery! You look beautiful as always.

Casey and Kim said...

hurry and share the results!
Can't wait to see what projects you were cooking up!!