Monday, July 18, 2011

31 weeks

31 weeks!  Will is the lenth of an 18 inch pineapple this week!



Baby Will is weighing in at three-plus pounds and measuring 18 inches long, your baby is quickly approaching his birth length — though he's got to pack on another three to five pounds before D-day. Also developing at an impressive clip: your baby's brain connections (he's got to make trillions of them!). He's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when he’s pretty still).


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 22 lbs. This past week at the OB I gained 2 lbs.  I go to the doctor again in a week so I will have an updated weight gain...I'm quite sure there has been some sort of gain.
Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes.

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!
Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.
What I miss: Being able to carry Zachary. I can't do it...he's just too heavy for me AND SLEEPING! I wake up a lot in the night because I am hot or uncomfortable. My body automatically wakes at 6 am. I just pop up ready to go for the day. Usually I will hit the treadmill for a walk or drink a cup of coffee with my daily devotion before the rest of the house wakes up. To be honest...I love this time. However by 9 pm I am EXHAUSTED!
Cravings: This week all I have wanted to eat is Strawberries and I crave sweets (Wives tales says that this is totally sign that the baby is a girl....so anyone who is pregnant and does not know what they are having please disregard this wives tale. It is true for boys too.)
Symptoms: For whatever reason most of my symptoms from the previous week have subsided. Some are still present but it wasn't a bad week at all...compared to some and for that I am extremely thankful!  Heartburn, swelling, cramping, and fatigue are all a part of my daily schedule but it has been tolerable this week!

Exciting things this week: My mom and I were able to cross a bunch of things off the list that I wanted to get done before Will arrives.  All of the clothes have been washed, sorted, and organized!  That was a two day task in itself. We also worked on some of his nursery decorations of which I will post later when everything is done.  The crib and mattress came in this week so Kevin & PaPaw are going to work on that tonight!  It's been a great week!

2 comments:

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

I love checking in each week to see what fruit or vegetable Will is being compared to. :0) You look beautiful as always. Be good to yourself.