Sunday, July 17, 2011

30 weeks!

30 Weeks!

*Again I am a week late getting these posted. We had family in town so my blogging has declined greatly! Hoping to get caught up this week! 

Will is approximately 3.0 lbs - 3.9 lbs.  He is around the size of a honeydew melon.  I asked Kevin to pick me up a three pound melon at the grocery store.  He brings home the BIGGEST one they had.  I think this melon in the picture weighs 5lbs.  Kevin said he thought it looked like my belly. LOL!
 **Photographs taken by Zachary this week....just a little blurry. But thankful he remembered before we went out the door for church.  Zachary's picture was taken the day after (before we cut into the melon) before karate.

 I have approximately 69 days until my due date! We are just so excited to meet our new little guy! However we are praying that he stays put inside my belly for another 9 weeks. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 22 lbs. This past week at the OB I gained 2 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes. To be honest...I would rather wear nothing!  My sister laughs at me but as soon as I am "in for the day/night" I put on the floral nightgown that is a tank top. She says it looks like a MuMu.  It's the most comfortable thing. So if you come to my house any time after 5 pm be warned!

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to.
Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.

What I miss: Being able to carry Zachary. I can't do it...he's just too heavy for me AND SLEEPING! I wake up a lot in the night because I am hot or uncomfortable. My body automatically wakes at 6 am. I just pop up ready to go for the day. Usually I will hit the treadmill for a walk or drink a cup of coffee with my daily devotion before the rest of the house wakes up. To be honest...I love this time. However by 9 pm I am EXHAUSTED!
Cravings: This week all I have wanted to eat is Strawberries and I crave sweets (Wives tales says that this is totally sign that the baby is a girl....so anyone who is pregnant and does not know what they are having please disregard this wives tale. It is true for boys too.)
Symptoms: My biggest symptoms for this week are bone pain/arthritis like pain, charlie horses, and braxton hicks contractions, and some other female issues that I am afraid is TMI. I have increased my calcium & potassium intake however my body just aches. I had nothing like this with Zachary but my OB reassures me it is "common". It has been a rough week on my body.....I'm counting down the days!
Exciting things this week: We had our family in from Virigina for the week.

No comments: