Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boy or Girl?

What will it be a boy or a girl?  I know what you are all thinking....and no I am not pregnant.  My cousin, Adrienne & Doug are expecting their first baby.  Tomorrow, Nov. 1st they will find out the gender of their little bundle.  WE (everyone here in MO) are so excited to find out.  Our family is kinda funny when it comes to the gender of a baby.  Of course our ultimate prayer is that the baby is healthy with 10 fingers and 10 toes but the gender is exciting.  I am not sure if you remember this post, or this post?  Basically, my mom's dad (PAPPY) was a widow when my mom and uncle were having their children.  When you say that he wanted a grandson that was an understatement. However he got 5 beautiful (if I do say so myself) grandaughters... Adrienne, Rachel, Jennifer, Hilary (me), and Megan.  He loved us and took good care of us.  However he never let us forget that he wanted a grandson to take on the WOOD name.  Our Pappy passed away over 18 years ago but he was such a character that he lives on in our families daily.  Let me bring you up to speed.

In January 2006 my sister had Elliott "WOOD" the first great-grandchild.  A BOY!  In Sept 2006 I had great-grandchild #2 a BOY.  In December 2009, my cousin Jennifer had a BOY! In May 2010, Rachel had another BOY!  Kinda funny huh?  Well now it is time for Great-Grandbaby #5.  Everyone is making bets on if Adrienne & Doug are going to have a BOY? 

Some of our family thinks that it is because Pappy would have 5 grandaughters and 5 great-grandsons.  Another joke is that we would have a basketball team of great-grandsons.  Personally, I think the "curse" believe me it's not really a curse..I love my little man and all of my nephews but I think the streak will be over and this baby will be a GIRL.  Let me just tell you now that if it is a GIRL. I will be going nuts with all the PINK!  I never get to purchase items for girls so you better believe I will be spoiling this little baby like crazy. Anyways tomorrow is the big ultrasound for Adrienne & Doug.  I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight!  I'm too excited! Check back on my blog tomorrow because I will let you know.....Adrienne you better text me or FB me as soon as you find out because I will not be able to contain myself.  Zachary is pulling for a BOY! Kevin thinks BOY! My guess is GIRL! 

Here are the proud parents!  Adrienne & Doug
We are so happy for you guys!  Good luck tomorrow!!! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

I agree Hil. I think she is having a girl. Mom thinks it is a girl as well. It doesn't help that every time I talk to A, she refers to the baby as a "she." I would love it be another boy though. Can you picture A with a boy???

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

For the record I think Boy!