Monday, October 11, 2010

Colorado Mini-Trip Day 4

On our last day at the Broadmoor I woke up early. Not really "early" but my family was still sleeping. I thought bonus. I jumped up, threw on work-out clothes, grabbed my ipod, and left the room.  Note to all those who are concerned...my sweet husband woke up so I told him I was leaving and he said, "take your time and bring back coffee." Ha!  Anyways, I cranked up my worship songs and went on a walk around the grounds of the Broadmoor hotel.  I saw many little piece of heaven during my peace & quiet.  Geez, it was beautiful! I felt refreshed, revived, and rejuvenated and it was all because I was breathing fresh Colorado air, looking at the most beautiful setting, and listening to the best praise & worship on my ipod.  It is a moment that I will be forever grateful for.  Her are just a few sights around our resort.  Unfortunately my pictures do not do this resort justice so if you want to see more just check out their website.

Here is a picture from our bedroom
While on my walk I looped around the walking trail which was about 1 mile around the grounds of the entire resort.Here are the pics.
 Outside around the pond
 This is a view from the end of the infinity outdoor pool.  There were several guest who enjoyed the outdoor pool but we only swam in the indoor one.
The pirate ship playground...Z loved this.
I loved these brozed statues of these 4 children. It reminded me of when my sister & I were little. We would visit family in Ohio.  The highlight of our time with Becky & Peter would be a 4 man musical parade for our parents. 


 View of the mountians
 View as you enter the resort
 Beautiful flower beds.
 Valet Parking

So that was my my walk. I returned back at our room with coffee and packed up.  We headed to Denver for a morning of shopping before we headed back to their airport.  Kevin, Zachary, & I had a great mini-vacaction!
 This is our last picture from our trip....our flight kept getting delayed so we went into a restaurant to eat.  Z plopped himself in front of the window to watch the planes.  He sat there for over two hours while we watched the Arkansas VS Alabama game.  He was so tired and so good.
Another funny about our trip was we flew out to Colorado with our "Aunt" Renee.  On our return trip home we flew back with our "Uncle" Mike.  This was a huge surprise for all of us.  Zachary thought it was PERFECT!
We had a WONDERFUL trip! So thankful that we made it home safely. 

No comments: