Saturday, October 2, 2010

Colorado Mini-trip Day 2

While Kevin attended morning classes, Zachary and I rode the resort shuttle to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  All I have to say is what an amazing zoo.  It was on the edge of a mountian.  We planned to be there from 9-noon but when Kevin called to say he was done with class we had him head over and we stayed until around 4.  It was awesome! 

Here's Zachary posing by the giraffe statues.

We watched this two year old monkey and his mama for about an hour. It reminded me so much of me & Zachary. The baby boy orangutan would harrass and bother his mom so much. It cracked me up.
This primate was so sweet.  He looked so sad...until...
Zachary came over to the window. This is one of my all time favorite pictures. I love that you can see the primate, Zacharys reflection and then Zachary looking at him. 
We also had the pleasure of seeing two hippos out of the water.  How they hold themselves up with those little feet is beyond me.  Amazing!
The Cheyenne Mountian Zoo lets you feed the giraffes crackers.  Our local zoo does the same but this was different. These giraffes got SO close it was crazy. In fact one licked Zachary's spikey hair.



The zoo also had a bird room. You could pay $1 for 2 sticks that had food on the end of them.  You would hold your stick in the air and then the bird would land on the stick.  I was afraid of getting pooped on but we didn't.

Zachary's bird
Here's the one Kevin caught
Here is the view from the bottom of the zoo. The zoo wrapped itself around the mountain. My calf muscles are still sore from all the climbing.
The view from the top. BE-U-TI-FUL!


Yes, I was at the zoo that day. I just so happened to be behind the camera. Kevin made sure I got out and had my picture taken.
After the zoo we went to the Garden of the Gods.


I still have more photos to download for this day but I don't have enough time.  Praying I can get all my blogging done soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip! We recently went on a conference tag-along too! Z looks so big in these pics, and your hair is so long! I guess it's been a while since we've seen you.