Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gone Fishin'

Sunday was a perfect day! Church, Sunday School, Lunch, and an afternoon at the fishin' hole. Dear friends of ours live on a farm and have the best fishing pond. Carm & Woody have always been generous to allow visitors on their land to fish. In fact, I can remember going out there with the high school youth group to fish. For the past couple years, Woody would always invite us to come out and bring the boys. Unfortunately we never did. Woody passed away this winter and went to be with Jesus. His daughter, Candise, still wanted us to come out and fish. It was a bitter-sweet day because Woody would have LOVED to see Zachary & Elliott at his pond. From the moment we cast Zacharys pole in fish were biting. As soon as he would reel in the fish, get a new worm, and cast it back out someone would be reeling in another fish. My dad brought my sister & my cane fishing poles that we used when we were little. Seeing those brought back a lot of memories.


Candise with Zachary

Elliott and his Daddy catching a fish!
Z & Kevin showing off their catch!
Zachary & Pops


I was not sure who Kevin was more proud of fishing...me or Zachary. I don't think Kevin has ever seen the "biology girl" in me. He could not believe I was putting worms on the hooks, holding the fish, etc. Kevin was very proud of Zachary too. Zachary would cast, reel in his fish with much enthusiasm, and then he would want to pet the fish before throwing it back in.

Zachary with Uncle Matt!

We caught LOTS of bluegill. I stopped counting when Z caught #15.

Unfortunately, I don't have pics of Grams & Aunt Rachel. They were our photographers. It was a blessed day.

No comments: