Saturday, April 3, 2010

Getting Ready for Easter!


Well, we are getting ready and excited for Easter Sunday. Today we are have been getting our Easter clothes ready for church and boiling the eggs for the Egg Dying party tonight with our family. This year Zachary really gets it. Well he "almost" gets why we celebrate Easter. On Thursday Zachary told Kevin that "bad guys" killed Jesus and then he was super strong and rolled the big rock away from the Tomb, and then he woke up and is alive. See he gets it. Kind-of!
This morning we were getting ready to run some errands. He was in the driveway and I see him smashing earthworms. When I asked why he was stomping on them and killing them was his reply was..."don't worry mom they will raise from the dead tomorrow."
See what I mean...he "almost" has it. I laughed out loud and then spent the next 10 minutes re-telling the Easter story and placing emphasis on the fact that only Jesus has risen from the dead. Boy, do I love this three year old. I never know what he is going to do or say. He brings Kevin and I so much JOY!
Well, I hope you take time to remember why we celebrate Easter. Enjoy all the candy, eggs, Easter Baskets, church, new clothes, and all the fun stuff about Easter but focus on the new life we have in Christ! Happy Easter!

No comments: