Sunday, January 4, 2009

Summing up Christmas

I know it is January but I never really got to post about our Christmas extravaganza. This year we had an added bonus to Christmas because Kevin's brother, Jeff, our sister-in-law Kathy, and our nieces flew in for Christmas. Because of their arrival we tried to do our "regular" Christmas traditions but do some new things because they were here. We did manicures, family photos, Nakatos, bird dog hunting (Kev, Jeff, and Marvin), Bass Pro trips, Lambert's, SDC, etc. It was quite the Christmas. Here are just a few of the weeks events.


One day we had a girls day out. I took my sister in law for her first ever manicure. My nieces loved all the special spa treatment. I loved the girl time. We also had our eyebrows waxed & lip waxed....don't worry I did not post pics of that! Here is Karsen getting her manicure.


Later that night we had family photos taken. As you can see we all wore red & black. After the photos we took the gang to Nakato's for a yummy dinner.


Our niece, Brynn got to spend the night. We loved having a girl in our house even if it was for less than 12 hours. Zachary loved having her spend the night too!

Brynn and I awoke early to tie-dye t-shirts. I loved having one-on-one girl time and it was less of a mess since Z slept through it. This was one of Brynn's creations.
This was a timed photo taken from atop the coffee pot. I loved having girl time with Brynn.
Christmas Eve with the Lemon's. Santa made an appearance.

Brynn, Karsen, Elliott, & Z with Harley my cousins Great Dane...when I say Great. I mean GREAT!
Christmas morning at our house. Zachary loved the tractor books that Santa brought him.

Look what Santa brought to Karen & Marvin's house. We spent Christmas day at their house with a huge dinner.*Because I was corraling a busy, tired 2 year old on Christmas night I do not have any photos of us opening all the gifts at my parents. I am bummed. These are all the photos I have on my camera...I am hoping someone else got some more.
On Christmas night we had our traditional soup & sandwich supper at my parents.
My entire immediate family (both sides) in one photo. This probably will not happen for another 5 years :*)
To sum it up we had a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

1 comment:

Mary Stephenson said...

That is awesome and sounds like you all had a wonderful time! The last picture makes ya'll look like the Brady Bunch. In 5 years, you have to do another photo like that with everyone in the same spot - it would be neat! Love you guys!