Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finally!

Ever since we moved into our home we have wanted to finish the basement. Well after 4 years we finally did it. We started getting bids for the basement in August. They started work the week before Thanksgiving and they completed the work last Tuesday. A little over 9 weeks. Carpet was laid Wednesday and Thursday. I am going to post the befores and afters. Now comes the fun part...decorating, accessorizing, and using it. We only have 6 more weeks until our furniture arrives. After than any one is welcome to come over and hang out. It is so nice to finally have more room in our house. So glad the construction part is over. Zachary is sad because "Bob the Builder" is gone. He loved having the construction men at our house everyday. He thought it was great! I personally thought it was loud, inconvient, and a pain.

Before: Basement windows
After: Basement windows
Before: this picture is looking through the wall at what will be Kevins new home office



After: Kevins home office....he started to move furniture before I could get a picture of the empty room.

Before: this was a concrete indentation in the basement wall. I always used it to store garage sale items or stuff for goodwill.
After: A much needed storage closet for family games, decorations, and stuff.

Before: Wall to the main part of the basement
After: The wall now has a bar against it.
Before: Hallway to the existing home office
After: Hallway to the new guest room and bathroom
Before: The room that was planned as a bathroom. If you look closely you can see a small closet cut out.

After: Linen closet
After: Looking through the bathroom doorway. In the mirror you can see the shower

After: Bathroom vanity


After: Bathroom shower



Like I said we can't wait to have family and friends over! I plan on posting more before and afters once we get our curtains, furniture, and decorations. Enjoy!

3 comments:

haywardfam said...

Whoo hoo! I'm excited for you. It's SO nice. I love it. I might have to crash your house if there are tornadoes now!

Casey and Kim said...

Wow it looks great!! You will love all the extra space! Enjoy!

Cindy said...

BEE-YOU-TI-FULLLLLL!!!!
If you are home this week - call me so I can run over and check it out! I'm so happy for you that it is D-O-N-E !!
PS You'll have to tell me where you got the lighting for the bar. I LOVE it and just might have to copy you in our new home. It'll be like having a part of you with us even though you won't be next door anymore. :(