Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frosty has arrived!

For those of you who know Zachary well know that he LOVES Frosty the Snowman. In fact I think he likes him more than Santa Claus. He sings the song, watches the old fashion Frosty movie, gives the figurines hugs and kisses, and talks about Frosty ALL THE TIME! So last night when the snow was coming down, Kevin mentioned that they could go out tomorrow in the snow and make a Frosty. I quickly remembered my mom gave us a "Frosty the Snowman" kit last year but we never got to use it. I dug it out of the closet and showed it to Z. He was bursting with excitement. The Carrot nose, buttons, a scarf, hat, and corncob pipe were carted all around the house until bed time. Zachary was quick to hop in bed because he knew when he woke up it would be "tomorrow". Sure enough this morning he came out of his room with all the Frosty items and his boots ready to go outside. So at 8 am on a snow day, Zachary, Kevin, and myself were outside making a Frosty. Kevin did all the work, Zachary added the parts, and I took the photos. Zachary LOVED it and is still enjoying Frosty from his bedroom window.

Putting Frosty's arms on


Zachary adding the nose


Kevin and Zachary putting on the mouth

The boys posing by Frosty



Zachary watching Frosty from his window

P.S. Kevin wanted me to mention that "Frosty" is not a typical 3 layered Frosty because the snow is too powdery. Just in case you thought we were being slackers.

4 comments:

Mary Stephenson said...

That is awesome. The best part was Kev's p.s. so that he's not dubbed a slacker! I love it! You guys are hilarious! Enjoy your Frosty, Z! We are enjoying snow day #2 here, and yesterday was interesting. We tried making snow angels-it was so funny watching a 1and 3 yr. old giving that a try. Love you guys!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

"I like the the Frosty, Zachary!" says Elliott. Then he typed the following letters and number, I added the commas: each letter stands for something. g,p,e,r,z,h,k,b,7

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Great fun - - and they are building more than snowmen - - great memories!

By the by, did you get my message that I have a new blog? Visit some time.

Anonymous said...

Snow? What's snow?

Wow! you guys got a lot! I love your Frosty "bump".

Miss you, but not the weather!