Sunday, September 28, 2008

Zachary's Birthday Party



For all of you who know me, know that I love to host parties and get togethers. Kevin can't believe how much I enjoy doing this so I started asking Z about his party theme a couple months ago. Whenever I asked him what he wanted he said, "Choo Choo Trains & Par-tee Cake". So that is exactly what I planned.

Kevin & I hosted Zachary's 2nd Birthday party on Saturday night. Zachary had the best time and so did his parents. Surrounded by our family and best friends we shared dinner, cake & cookies, gifts, and fun memories. Zachary wanted to have a Choo Choo party so that is what Kevin and I did. We served Pizza at his request because it is his favorite food.

Last year, a very special friend of mine made Zachary's birthday cake. It was awesome. I did not know how I was going to find a cake as cute & special as Julie's monkey cake. So I asked around to several of my friends to see if they knew of anyone that made yummy & cute cakes. My dear friend Julie H. from church gave me the name of a super "sweet" lady named Stacey. I wanted to give a little shout out to Stacy the Cake Lady because we LOVED Zachary's cake & cookies. If you ever need a special order cake or cookies this is the lady to call. I am going to post a link to her blog...just in case you want to contact her. Thanks Julie H. for the recommendation and a big thank you to Stacey for the Choo Choo cake & cookies.

Here are the photos from the big birthday party. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us. We had a wonderful time. So did Zachary. Also an extra thanks to Mel who came 2 days after Chemo therapy. I know it was a lot for you to come. It would not have been the same without you. Lastly, thank you to everyone near and far for all the birthday cards, gifts, well wishes, and phone calls. Zachary felt extra special because of all the love he received. We love you guys!

Click on the album to view pictures from the party!
Zachary's 2nd birthday

4 comments:

Jennifer Horgan said...

Hope you had a great birthday Zachary!! That cake looks so yummy!!!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Looks like you had a great party. Hard to believe it's been another year. Happy B-Day Zachary.

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day Z! I love that first picture with the three kids. classic! Get ready for lots of new words hil!

Melody said...

Hey Hil! I am so glad that I was able to make it! It was a great party and Charley had a wonderful time!!