Thursday, September 18, 2008

Open Season

I am sure a lot of you do not know this but today is "Opening Season for the 2008 Deer Hunting for bow hunters". Yeah...I know whoop-ti-do but it means a lot to a very important person in my family. Kevin has been dreaming about this day for the past two weeks. Seriously! Our basement has turned into a war zone with hanging camo clothing, camo boots, the bow & arrows, camo painted buckets to sit on, and all sorts of crazy stuff to help for a successful hunt. I guess it is similar to a fully stocked scrapbook room. I really don't get what the big deal is but Kevin's heart beats a little faster in the fall to hunt. Again, a guy thing. However, I had to post this because this blog is about our family...hunting included. Anyways, my wonderful grandparents, Ruey & Freddy are so gracious to let Kevin and his father hunt on their land. Thanks Ruey & Freddy. Being that today was the big day, Kevin did not schedule patients. Again, it is a big day. Kevin & his dad went out this afternoon. Low and behold at 8 p.m. I got the call that Kevin shot a doe with is bow. My father-in-law also hit a doe with an arrow but they could not find the animal. Sad, I know. Anyways, I decided to not post the pictures of the doe on the blog. But for memory sake I will post a picture of the guys on their return. They had a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunting and fishing in the same weekend?!!! When is that mommies only weekend we talked about? (Congrats Kevin!)

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

WAY to GO Kev!