Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy day for the almost birthday boy!

When I looked at my day planner for today I thought, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, HILARY?" I booked two of Zachary's least favorite things to do back to back....Haircuts and Professional Photos. AHHHH! Before we left the house, Kev and I said a prayer that I would be able to manage these tasks and have a great time doing it. God was good.

First, I took Z to his hair appointment at Cookie Cutters. If you do not know what Cookie Cutters is let me tell you. It is a hair salon for kids. The child picks out what car, airplane, or transportation vehicle they would like to sit in while getting his/her hair cut. The child also picks out what DVD they would like to watch, or for older kids what Nintendo game they want to play. Zachary chose the airplane and of course a "Choo Choo" movie...Thomas the Train. Usually Z gets ticked the moment they put the apron on. In fact the past two times getting his hair cut my mom has taken him because he does better for her than for me. Last time my mom had to hold him on her lap, not in a vehicle, but in a regular salon chair. By then end of the cut my mom and Z were covered in little pieces of hair. This time Z was PERFECT! He got a balloon, lollipop, and he went down the slide. Task #1 checked off the agenda.

Next on the list was birthday photo shoot. Zachary's birthday is less than 2 weeks away but I wanted to get his picture taken a couple weeks before so that I had his pictures to display at his party. Another sidenote...we always go to the same photography studio in town, Owens Photography, except for his birthday. I like the cheesy stuff for his birthday so we have gone to Sears for his first birthday and now for #2. Of course when we walked into Sears they were not ready. I said a quick prayer that Zachary would be good and pose for his mommy. When we set foot into the individual photo room Z hopped right on the backdrop. The backdrop was the color of dirt. Z thought he was standing in Bob the Builders dirt pile. This was a blessing from God. He loved it. The first 5 shots went off better than I have ever seen Zachary do. I normally am jumping all around trying to get him to cooperate & smile. I actually sat in a chair and relaxed while he did all the work. When the photographer was done I wanted to change his shirt and take a couple more....not a good idea. Zachary lost focus and did not want to take any more photos. The nice photographer let us take a lap around Sears while he took care of some things. When we returned Zachary jumped right back in and finished up like an angel. I was so proud. I know it is silly but when you spend money on photos you don't want bad pictures and you don't want to leave the studio with an upset son and mommy.

The next big task was previewing the photos. Zachary did great! He sat in his stroller and drank my bottled water while I decided which proofs I wanted. I was fully prepared to come back tomorrow when Z was in preschool but I did not have to. Anyways long story short when we got back home from our morning errands we were exhausted. Zachary did AWESOME and I was able to check two big things off the calendar. The bonus was that they gave me his photos today and that I did not have to wait for 2 weeks...of course I paid a little bit more but it is worth it. Without further ado...here are Zachary's second birthday photos and new haircut. Enjoy!

Our big boy!






Choo Choo Look who is almost 2!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness he is growing fast! Congrats on such a wonderful day Mommy. We miss you all and hope Z has a great b-day.

Melody said...

I LOVE Zach's pictures! Your were right, he really did great! Also, I love the new blog background! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! What a big boy Z is:) I love the pictures...cheesey or not, they will make great memories!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I am so proud of you, Zachary! He looks so big! Wasn't just the other day I was laying at the bottom of a door in Cox Hospital hearing you cry for the first time? Times flies when you are having fun with two boys!I love you Zman!