Thursday, September 11, 2008

For Mel

Yesterday was Melody's 3rd Chemo Treatment...only 5 more to go. As you all know Melody continues to be an inspiration to all for. Even though Melody is going through one of the worst times of her life she continues to smile, laugh, and give all the glory to God. This is amazing. I know that on the days following chemo Mel feels terrible and sometimes wants to disappear. So today I am going to post her some photos to smile about. Hopefully, these photos will cheer her up just a bit. I found these when I was organizing my photos.



Murder Mystery Dinner. Mel, Wasson (as Surelock Holmes), Tommy, & a peek of Jason Hill (aka Jungle Boy)

Just the girls...Freshman Year LPA Mel & Hil 1994 I thought we looked good?

8th Grade Dance at Hickory Hills (What are we doing with our hands?)

Getting ready to go to McCarty's for Murder Mystery Dinner

Mel and Hil in movie theatre booth Freshman Year
Please note the thickness in my eyebrows...scary! Why didn't someone tell us?







If you want to read Mel's blog about her breast cancer story click here.

6 comments:

Melody said...

Well if posting pictures of my bald head didn't embarras me, these pictures sure did! Just kidding! What great memories! Thanks so much Hil for the smile and laughter your brought to my face today when I saw your blog! You are such a great best friend and I love you to death!

Cindy said...

Wow... nice eyebrows...
I had some JUST LIKE THEM! tee hee!!

Thank God for eyebrow wax & tweezers!! :) Can I get an AMEN!?

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Hmmm ... I think I remember these girls. The poofy hair and the eyebrows didn't seem strange back then. You are a good friend to Mel, Hil, but I'm just glad my best friend hasn't posted pictures of me in my purple valour hip huggers (I can't even spell that word anymore, thank goodness.)

Anonymous said...

That was a fun blast from the past...Thanks for the laughs, Hil:)

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I had to drive those eyebrows around everywhere! Props to the big sis...and your hair, AHHH! Good times, I would not trade it for the world. Thanks Boog!

Melmom said...

Funny how Hil and Mel look so much older now and I have not changed a bit! Great memories and smiles..
HOUSE ARREST!