Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hil and Zachary's roadtrip to Coffeyville

Zachary and I just returned from a two day road trip to visit one of my best friends, Megan and her family. I could not wait to see Megs, Aaron, Lucy, and the newest member of the Robins family, Violet Lane Robins. Zachary was excited to meet his new friend Lucy. We had the best visit. Prior to coming, I told Megs that we were coming to pamper her. Since Violet just turned 4 weeks old I wanted to come and help her do what ever she wanted me to do. I can't imagine the transition from one to two kiddos. So I brought a few of my favorite recipes to make yummy meals for them. I know it was super hard for Megs to let me take over because she is always the "Martha Stewart" hostess. After 10 minutes with Megs, I realized that she did not need me because she makes being the mother of two beautiful girls look like a breeze. She is such a good mommy and she really tries to enjoy every second.

Here are a few photos of our road trip.

Zachary meeting Miss Violet...not sure about the baby but likes that she has a NINA.

Playing house with Lucy. Yes...Zachary is holding a doll.

Zachary is not ready for a sibling...he thought he was the baby.


Miss Violet Lane Robins...Isn't she beautiful?

Violet and me

Zachary, Lucy, and Violet....new best friends

Megs and Violet

Playing in the ELMO sprinkler

More sprinkler fun

Even though I don't get to spend a lot of time with Megs, like I used to when we were in college, I am so thankful for our visits. Each time we reunite it is like we never parted. We pick up right where we left off. Megs makes me want to be a better mommy, a better wife, and a better listener. These are three of Megs best traits. Thanks for letting us come and take over your house. Zachary already misses his new loves...Lucy & Violet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yes I did need you! As you know, after the pregnancy is over, the pampering and attenion are too, so it was so nice to have two days of both! What a wonderful visit, thank you so much!! We love you.