Thursday, October 15, 2009

Uncle Gene


Yesterday, I learned that my Uncle Gene passed away. Uncle Gene was a quiet, sincere loving man who loved God, the St. Louis Rams, birds, square dancing and my Aunt Lou. I can remember as a child going up to St. Louis to spend a couple days with Aunt Lou and Uncle Gene. They would take my sister and I to Six Flags, to the Magic House, and then we would watch Charlie Chaplin Movies all night on their fold out couch.

Uncle Gene has been sick for the past couple of months. I am glad that he is no longer suffering and that he is Home with Jesus. Please say a prayer for my Aunt Lou and the rest of the Peacock family.

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

You have my prayers, of course.

I recently lost a cousin. She had been suffering a few years with cancer. It's a good release to know that one is at peace; but it is the hardest on us left behind.

Peace be with your Aunt Lou and you and your family.