Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Aunt Howie!

My nephew calls me Aunt Howie! I love it. It is like music to my ears. To think that in about 31 weeks I will have another nephew or a niece to call me Howie makes my heart jump. That's right, my sister and brother-in-law are expecting a baby in the spring. I am elated!



Zachary is super excited too! He goes over to my sisters tummy and lifts up her shirt to see the little baby. As of yesterday Zachary thinks its a boy! This is a funny story I want to remember forever so I am typing it here. This weekend my sis and bro-in-law made the big announcement to our family and to Elliott. On a side note...Elliott has a severe allergy to PEANUTS. Anyways, when I asked Elliott if he was excited about having a new baby. He said, "Aunt Howie, I don't like babies...I am allergic to babies." Crack me up! Elliott will be a great big brother. I just think that he needs to warm up to the idea of a brother or a sister.



**FYI: before I have a ton of questions about this ultrasound photo. It is not my sisters...she did not get to keep her ultrasound picture from her first OB visit. This is a stock photo from google.

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

I am so thrilled for Rachel and Matt. For all the family, actually. What a blessing!

Gretchen is due Nov. 6, but her doctor is thinking any day. Speaking of what kids say: her 3-yr old son, Broderick, has been so anxious for his sister Sylvia to come out. He told his momma he wants to hold her. She told him as soon as she was born he could hold her. Broderick said: "Good, because me and Sylvia are going to move mountains." No joke. Gretchen started asking around to see who planted that thought within him and no-one she knows said anything to that nature. Gretchen could hardly wait to go write that story in Sylvia's baby book. Good times!