Sunday, April 27, 2008

We went to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

Hil, Zachary, Elliott, & Aunt Rachel at Zoo entrance

Grams & Z getting ready to enter zoo





Saturday was a beautiful day for a trip to the zoo. My mom, sister, nephew, Zachary and I hit the St. John's 23rd annual Teddy Bear Rally at the Dickerson Park Zoo. Even though it was extremely crowded we had the best time. If you have never been to the zoo with a toddler, you must. If you don't have a toddler to go with call me you can borrow mine or I find one for you to take. Going to the zoo with a 2 year
and a 19 month old brought so much joy to my heart.

Both of the boys knew the animals. Elliott said every animal by their name, whereas Zachary knew the animals by their sound. Elliott was so specific to the animals name that I thought he was going to call them by their genus & species name. Seeing E & Z get so excited at the animals was a hoot. I think Zachary's favorite animals were the monkeys. Elliott's had to be the Macaw parrots. Both boys loved the elephants too. At the exit of the zoo there was a train that you could pay for rides. The boys LOVED it! Unfortunately, we don't have pictures of this because we left the camera in the stroller. However if you could have seen us it must have been priceless. Elliott shared a seat with Grams. Zachary sat with Aunt Rachel, and me. During the ride around the track both boys sang their favorite song that my dad sings to them...Down By the Station. It was a great ending to a fun, memorable day.

No comments: