Sunday, April 6, 2008

May I introduce our new son .....MONKEY

As most of you know Zachary loves his pacifier (aka Nina). (See Previous Posts) Since he is 18 months old, Kevin feels it is time for his pacifier to disappear. Last week we started the weening process. I personally felt like if Z had something else to transfer the love he would respond better when "Nina" was gone. So we got out Mr. Monkey from the toy box. It worked....for the most part. Zachary became very attached to Monkey from the start. At Zachary's request, whatever I did to Zachary, I had to do to Monkey. This was hilarious because if I changed Z's diaper, I changed Monkey's. If Z ate a snack, so did Monkey. Anyways, Zachary has been carrying Monkey around with him everywhere (Target, Church, MOPS, etc). So this week we are going to start snipping the tip of the pacifier with the hopes that Zachary will not want it anymore. Then he can just have Monkey to love on. Pray for us. Pray really hard for us. I think it is going to be a rough week.

My new son, Monkey at the dinner table
Please note Monkey has on clothes


My boys (Kev, Z, & Monkey) enjoying Taco Night


Monkey & Z going to Grams & Pops house
Please note Monkey changed his outfit on Day #2 since Z changed his clothes

5 comments:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

We are excited to meet Monkey...Elliott is especially. Maybe Monkey will be at Grammy's birthday on Tuesday.

Melody said...

That is HILARIOUS! I will praying for you! Unfortunatly we can't cut the tip off of Charley's thumb! Who knows when she will quit that!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

You might want to hang onto Monkey and encourage that relationship through potty training too. It's nice to have a friend when you're going through such a big change. When Nathan was little he had Raggedy Andy. One day, though, I discovered Andy face down in our toilet. I knew Nathan was having a rough day that day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad Zachary has a new best friend:) How cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I feel for you. We were fairly lucky. Hayden cut a hole in his last binky and that was that. It really wasn't too bad though. Only one or 2 nights of restless sleep. Good luck to you. I'll be praying that Monkey will be right by his side during this hard time!