Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sneaking away for a little girl time

My mom, sister, Elliott, Zachary, and I snuck away for a 24 hour girls weekend (+ two boys). Since I have been little we have enjoyed girl weekends to a hotel and to shop. Since the boys have arrived we have introduced them to this concept. The poor little guys....we drag them with us everywhere and they really don't seem to mind. In fact I think they love it. The goal of this trip was for Rachel to register for Jerrytt. We swam in the hotel, ate yummy food, shopped till we dropped, and had a blast.

1/2 way there a pit stop at McDonalds. The boys and Grams had to sit on the "high stools" They sure do love their Grams!


This is funny. The boys were super wound up when we arrived in the hotel room. I had told both of them they had to quit running and had to lower their voices several times. I threated both of them that if they did not stop they would get a time out. Well, Zachary did not stop so he got a time out. I then said, "If you get out of time out you will not get to go swimming". Guess who got out of time out? Zachary
I was sticking to my word. He was not going to go swimming. My mom then proceeded to be Grams convienced Zachary to stop crying, sit in time out, and then "she" would let him go swimming. Is this the same mom that raised me?

So Grams & Elliott sat in time out with Zachary. Then went swimming. Don't you love grandparents?



Zachary & Elliott trying out the new stroller Rachel registered for.
Soon-to-be Big Brother Elliott registering for Baby Jerrytt


Rachel was really sweet to let Zachary help register too. After all Zachary thinks he is going to be a Big Brother too when Jerrytt arrives.



Enjoying Grilled Cheese's at Mimi's Cafe


Zachary and Elliott shopping in a kids clothing store. Thank God for cartoons.




We had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Isn't it awesome to see our parents as grandparents?! My mom and dad are the same way about "discipline" -- so strict when I was a kid and exactly the opposite with my girls. I think it is 100% appropriate for our parents to indulge our kids a bit. Zachary, Elliot, Ella, and Kate are all way too sweet to spoil. :)

Lori said...

Looks like so much fun! That is so cool that you and your sister and mom get to have weekends away. This is a reason I would LOVE to have a sister! I was going to tell you, that I saw them in the "Sit and Stand" stroller, and I wasn't sure if I would need one. I didn't get one for a long time, but after a few outings with both kids, I saw that it would be a big help. I found one on Craigslist for half the price, but I was going to tell you, tell your sister, it is worth it for sure! Great investment!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Oh Dear lord please remove those pictures of me. A. I look awful. B. I look ginormous!