Friday, March 13, 2009

A weekend of friends and fun

I finally feel well enough to post about our weekend last weekend. Make sense? Anyways before we all got sick we enjoyed a visit from Julie and Jeff.

Julie was one of my best friends from Baker. We lived together at Alpha Chi for 3 years. Julie, Megs, and I were called the "Three Stooges". Since our college days it is not as easy to get together for the weekend. It is even harder for the Three Stooges (Megs, Julie, and I) to get together since we all have our own families and we live 3-4 hours away from each other. Somehow last minute, Julie and her fiance, Jeff, were able to come down for a weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with them. Zachary loved having Julie and Jeff at our home too. In fact, by the time they left he was calling them Aunt Julie and Uncle Jeff. Since Kevin's brothers name is Jeff, Zachary assumed that "Uncle Jeff" from Florida was coming. You should have seen the look on his face when he realized it was another Jeff.

So on Friday night they arrived. We spent the entire night catching up on our families, jobs, etc. We woke up on Saturday morning, had breakfast here and headed to the Branson Landing and the Outlets. Then we enjoyed some appetizers at Garfield's followed up with Ice Cream at Mr. B's on Main Street. Jeff is probably the biggest fan of ice cream I have ever met so we wanted to take him to a Mom & Pop's style place. After a full day of shopping we headed back home to get ready for our evening.

Z and Julie holding hands on the ride to Branson




My family had their monthly birthday party so we crashed that party to say hello. Everyone wanted to see Julie and give Jeff their stamp of approval. EVERYONE loved Jeff!

This picture was taken at my Aunt and Uncles house. We thought it was too funny that my dad and Julie matched. So we had to get a picture of Pa Peacock and Julie.
We left Zachary with Aunt Rachel, Uncle Matt, and Elliott then went to eat at our favorite place...The Flame. It was great to have a night out with good friends and eat wonderful steaks.




The Flame SteakhouseWaiting for our reservation downstairs in the Red Room

I have never eaten so much food in one weekend. No Weight Watcher points were counted I promise you that. On Sunday we ended our time together with a "traditional" meal at Lambert's Cafe. Not one of my favorites but it was a must for Julie and Jeff. Zachary enjoyed the thrown rolls and our guest enjoyed it too.

Julie and Jeff showing off their Lambert's food
Our side of the table
Group Photo at Lambert's Cafe

I did not want the weekend to end. It was so good to re-connect with Julie and Jeff. It's funny because even though it had been almost a year since our last visit it seemed as if no time has past. That is a true sign of a wonderful friendship. We are so happy that Julie has met her soulmate. We think Jeff is perfect! Congratulations to both of you and thanks for a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! There's nothing better than to have a good friend come and visit. My best friend came down for my birthday a few weeks ago and we had a blast.
I hope you are feeling better. We are all getting sick here too. No fun!

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

I had a great time meeting Jeff too! Definately a Lemons stamp of approval here.

Z-man, I love your guitar shirt at the ice cream parlor!

Kevin, I love your Mizzou shirt at Lamberts. I hope March Madness is good for Mizzou this year.

Hil, I love that you showed off 'the ladies' Saturday night.

I miss you guys and love you very much. It was great to see you even if it was a short time.