Friday, March 20, 2009

Enjoying my little man

I have been wanting to blog all week but we have been on the go or outside. I can honestly say that this week I have put aside all housework, projects, and things that need to be done to enjoy Zachary and the weather. Life is just too precious to have my too do list out. Don't get me wrong I will ALWAYS have my list but this week I put it aside to enjoy my little guy. I know that this is not going to be a weekly or daily thing but after being cooped up in our house last week from our sickness I thought this was the perfect week to play.

It all started when Z watched the movie "MADAGASCAR'". He started asking ALOT of questions about the zoo, lions, zebras, hippos, and giraffes. So on Tuesday when it was 78 degrees we went to our local zoo. Z has been there several times but this time was different. HE LOVED IT! He was really into learning all about the animals; what they did, how they slept, what they ate, etc. My funniest Z story was when we saw the flamingos. I said they are pink because of what they eat. I said they eat shrimp. Zachary immediately started licking his lips, smacking his tongue, and wiping his mouth. He said, "yummy they must eat at Nakatos". If you don't know Nakatos is a local japanese habachi style restaraunt that serves shrimp. From that moment on Zachary as been asking for Nakatos every night at dinner. Too funny. The only downer at the zoo was the train was not running. It starts running everyday in April so I told Z we would just have to go back. He was okay with that as long as we got our photo by it. We had a yummy picnic lunch and enjoyed some time at the park afterwards. We had a wonderful day together and made a lot of memories.

Petting zoo animals
Zachary sitting by the train
Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Zoo
Zachary was talking to this hippo like it was human.
Riding the Hippo in the parking lot

I will post more later about our week but it's time to hit the gym. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Great Pictures, the one with the both of you turned out really good. I need to get Adriana to the Zoo before it gets too hot.

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I love Zachy! Elliott liked this story and I thought he'd want to go to the zoo after we read it but, he wants to go to Nakatos instead...we must make a date.

thetoothchick said...

I love that you put the To-Do List aside to enjoy the important things. That is what life is all about. Zach is lucky to have you as his Mommy.