Saturday, February 21, 2009

Post-Valentines day

So I never got our "actual" V-day pictures posted. I guess better late than never. We had a pretty jam packed day of Love on the 14th. Kevin popped up early to hit Bass Pro while Zachary and I slept in. We then had a late morning breakfast of pancakes and bacon. Zachary loved is special monkey pancake.

After breakfast, Zachary and I met my mom, sister, and nephew at the mall for some shopping. Grams and Poppy gave Zachary a very cool John Deere Barn set which he has not stopped playing with since he opened it. Valentine's evening, Kevin and I did our "annual" Valentine's Day dinner. Ever since our first Valentine's Day as a dating couple we have cooked a dinner together. I have to admit they used to be a lot more romantic but we still continue to make the same meals. It just seems that now we eat it a lot faster since Zachary joins us :). We always purchase lobster tails as our main meal. This year I hit a sweet deal at Price Cutter....$4.99 per tail. Then we had baked potatoes, shrimp scampi, and Kevin's favorite dessert. This dessert is the easiest dessert I make but he LOVES it. Personally, it is not my favorite but since it is part of the tradition and he loves it so much I always make it on V-day. Anyways it is a huge sugar cookie with a cream cheese icing and cherry pie filling. It was funny because I made Z one of his favorite meals. He was so busy playing with his new John Deere set that he never made it to the table. Kevin and I ate in peace while Zachary was falling in love with his tractor. We had a wonderful celebrating our love for each other. Zachary really enjoys all the holidays so it makes it even more exciting.

1 comment:

thetoothchick said...

Your family is so cute. I love your traditions.