Monday, February 9, 2009

My Little Valentine

I know it is early but Zachary celebrated Valentine's Day today at pre-school so we had to share. He was supposed to bring a Valentine card for each of his classmates and a Valentine's Day box to school. Zachary informed me last week that he wanted a Bob the Builder toolbox for his box. No such luck on finding that at Hobby Lobby or Wal-mart so we improvised. Last night (yes the night before the box was needed) Kevin, Zachary, and I put his Valentine Box together. Z was so proud of it. He loved it. So today he walked into school carrying his box with such ease and gentleness. It took him at least 10 minutes to get from the parking lot to his classroom because he did not want to drop his box. Honestly it is the slowest I have ever witnessed Zachary walk. He had to show all of his classmates. I went back up to his after his lunch to help with the Valentine's Day party. Z loved having me in his class and he enjoyed the trading of Valentine's. They also made a sock puppet puppy, a puppy love frame, and played games. Here are the events from today's party.

Zachary's 1st Valentine Box


He is so proud of it....

Rock My Valentine shirt from Aunt RachelWaiting patiently for the Valentine trade
Reading a Valentine Day book with Ms. Nikki
Zachary's teachers Ms. Nikki and Ms. Jen. Zachary is crying because a classmate poked him in the eye while trying to pose for the picture. After this picture he was in full tears. This was the best photo I took of the three of them.

2 comments:

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

My little men are getting so big! I just can't get over it.

Did you tell Steph about Z's Valentine Day box? She would be proud.

He is so cute and I really love being able to catch up via blog. I can't wait to see everyone next month!

Love you

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

I have an assignment to make a mystery box for my Economics class, filled with eight items that are clues to one of 8 major economic concepts that I choose to use. Oh year, the box must be a clue, too.

Now I know where to come for help. If you see my name on caller ID you and Kevin better be prepared to come help your friend make a box. Looks like you're pretty good at it. Zachary is a lucky boy.