Sunday, February 8, 2009

Superbowl 2009

I am finally getting to post about the Superbowl. I am hoping to get the BLOG caught up this week.....so without further ado. We celebrated the Superbowl at my in-laws house. This was our 4th annual Superbowl at their house. To call it a tradition is an understatement. My family was super pumped that the Steelers were in the Superbowl because my mom is originally from Pennsylvania. My sister is probably the Steelers #1 fan. After stuffing our faces we celebrated their victory. E and Z were super good during the game. They are such good friends and cousins. We were all elated, (except a few Kurt Warner fans), that the Steelers won. Here are our highlights from the night.






This next section is kinda silly to post but this was a first for me to witness....EVER! Kevin was in the choir at church on Super Bowl Sunday. The Sunday of Superbowl is "official" Baptist Men's Day. So our church packs the choir loft with they guys. Since I always have my camera with me I shot a few photos of Kev in the choir loft to show my sister and family that he really sang in the choir. I knew they would not believe me if they did not have proof. To quote the bible....Make a Joyful Noise to the Lord. Way to Go Kevin!

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Looks like any family gathering you have is fun just because you're together. You know me, I'm not a football fan. I can't help it; I just don't get what all the excitement is about. Probably if I had ties with some team, it would mean more.

By the way, I "tagged" you on my blog, if you haven't checked today. Of course, it's one of those silly "share-all" things, so you don't have to do it if you don't want. For some reason I felt compelled to obey "the rules" of the game as much as possible.