Friday, February 20, 2009

Goodbye Miss Mies

Yesterday our pet fish, Mies van der Rohe, passed away. My cousin, Abbey gave Mies to us on March 1st of last year. If you want to read about this story click here. Abbey thank you for providing a lot of joy to our little man. For the past two weeks Mies or as Zachary would say Me-Ze has not been doing well. Yesterday when we woke up we knew that Mies would probably not make it through the day. Zachary would check on her and tell me that she was sleeping on her rocks. She was a fighter and tried to make it but she went to be with Jesus last night around 9 pm. Zachary had a funeral for her this morning in the bathroom. After he flushed her, he said, "Bye Mies. Go be with Jesus and your mommy" After Mies was gone he said, "Oh No Mom Mies is gone." Here are some photos from this moment in time. Abbey thanks for allowing us to love on your fish. Kevin honestly thinks Mies died of old age. To be honest I am surprised Mies has made it for almost 12 months at our house. Zachary is already begging for another fish.




On another note, my families cat, Korona passed away last Saturday. We got Korona the summer before my senior year in high school. He was a wonderful, funny cat that we all loved a lot. It has not been a good week for our pets. Korona will be missed. However my parents already have a new little kitten that resembles my favorite cat ever "Lovable" and her name is Nellie. Zachary is super excited about her.

3 comments:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

R.I.P. Mies...you had a good life.

Anonymous said...

So, this posting brought me to both laughter...then near tears. I LOVE that you posted pictures of the funeral. So funny!!! But I'm really sad to hear about Korona. I remember when you guys first got her. I'm sorry for both of your losses.

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

I still intend on getting my little man a new fish. This past weekend just wasn't the weekend with everything going on. Maybe when I am home in May for Lucas' birthday. I would get Elliott a pet too if I was allowed....

I have to spoil them somehow.