Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ode To Pacina (aka NINA)

I just took these pictures and I HAD to post them. For those of you who know Zachary, you know that his greatest joy is his pacifier.
Instead of calling it his binkie or paci we nicknamed his pacifier, "Pacina". Zachary calls it "NINA".

Kevin and I are starting the weening process. Our parent as teacher and Z's pediatrician told us not to take it away cold turkey since his pacifier is his most intimate object.

Instead they recommend that we give it to him when he is sleeping, when he is in the car seat, and when he is being super loud in a restaurant. So far it has worked. Yesterday, I walked into Z's room and he was flat on his belly reaching under his crib. What was he reaching for? 3 Pacina's that were thrown from his crib when he woke up.

He thought I was not paying attention to him, so he grabbed all 3 of them and ran out of his room. I snapped this photo of him right before I took all three of them away.
I guess you could say he is morning the loss of his nina during the daytime. Anyways, heres the pictures. Enjoy! Please note he has 3 pacifiers.
One in his mouth and two in each hand. What a ham.
He thinks I do not realize he has them. What a sneak!



No comments: