Thursday, January 26, 2012

Summer in December!

Summer is the BUSIEST months at my husbands work. Everyone works so hard at the office that we like to show our staff how much we appreciate them. Well this summer I was way to uncomfortable to plan anything. I felt terrible but it actually worked out quite nice. One day in November I snuck into the office and decorated the breakroom in Hawaii/Beach themed party decorations. I left a vague note about how on Thursday December 8th we would have a Summer in December staff appreciation afternoon. The staff thought it was the "Christmas Party" but it wasn't.

First we had a quick lunch because they wanted to get on with the games. Then we had a scavenger hunt. My sweet, clever sister came up with a 10 question scavenger hunt at the mall. Basically each team of 2 (one team was a group of 3) had to use a smart phone to send me their photo at each clue. The team that completed all 10 clues with the fastest time won bonus cash. At some clue locations there were gift cards for Target, Orange Leaf, etc. The moving clue which was my mom and the boys gave out office pull over jackets. Something our staff had been begging for for the past 3 months. After this game we did a shopping spree where they got cash. The only rules with the money was that they had to spend it on themselves! The person closest to the amount of money without going over got an additional cash purchase. It was a great afternoon.  I hope our staff realized how much they mean to us.  Thanks to my sister for making up some amazingly hard clues.  Funny thing is the same team that won the scavenger hunt won the shopping game.  Talk about LUCKY! 




No comments: