Sunday, January 29, 2012

MaMaw & PaPaw's Birthday Celebrations

Our "Usual" Christmas/Mother-in-law birthday party includes going to Silver Dollar City to see the lights on the last Sunday before Christmas. My mom and I usually host a quiche, salad, and soup lunch for Karen's special day after church then head to the city. 
However due to Will's upper respiratory infection and several schedule conflicts we hosted her birthday and my father-in-laws very belated birthday on Tuesday Dec 20th.  I can't remember the reason know but my sister, brother-in-law, Elliott and Jerrytt were unable to come. This was sad for all of us because we were also going to make our annual gingerbread houses.  But like I tell Zachary all the time....plans change and we can't get upset. We have to go with the flow. 

Kevin's Aunt Judy (Karen's sister) sent Will this Santa Claus suit the week before Christmas.  Because he was so under the weather he really did not get to wear it very much so I made sure he had it on for MaMaw's birthday.

 Instead of a birthday cake I made Pumpkin Crunch Cake from my sweet friend Lori Naylor.  It was a hit! 

 Kevin with his Mama!  Can you tell he had just got home from work?
 Here's Z with his final creation.

I felt bad the night was thrown together and so last minute but at least we got to celebrate, make our houses, and have a night with our family. Happy Birthday Karen & Marvin!

No comments: