Saturday, October 29, 2011

Zachary's 1st "hunting" trip!

*Hunting trip took place September 4th, 2011

The past year every time Kevin packs up to go hunting, Zachary stands at the garage door and begs to go with him. Our goodbyes with Kevin usually end up in tears because he can't go. Last Saturday, Kevin and PaPaw were going to go out to Ruey & Freddy's land to "scout" out deer and get their locations set up. As the day drew closer I asked Kevin if there was any way that Z could tag along with them. There would be no weapons, no hunting, and no stress. Kevin thought it was a perfect idea too.

The night before and the morning of Z was SO excited!  He couldn't wait!  I got up and made the boys fresh blueberry muffins and loaded up Z's lunch box with snacks.  I was so excited for him and excited for my morning of peace & quiet.  How is my baby old enough to head out in the woods with his daddy and grandpa? 



 He was ready to go!
 My boys....Z has his play bow and arrows around his neck....he wanted to get a deer or a turkey.
 PaPaw & MaMaw showed up with the four wheeler so that Z didn't have to walk 1.5 miles like I had to last year. :)
 All loaded up!
The boys came home about 4 hours later. They had a blast. Z was excellent.  Kevin was so glad I packed him a lunch box of snacks because the entire hour ride home from the farm Z ate every morsel of food.  I guess "hunting" made him hungry.  They did not see any wildlife but Z came home with a big turkey feather. You would of thought he found $100 dollars. He was pumped!  Sweet memories of my boys with their dad & grandpa. 

No comments: