Monday, November 17, 2008

Rolling Stones!

Well, today was one of the craziest days we have had in a long time. Yesterday we stayed home from church because Z and I were feeling like we were coming down with something. Kevin took care of us while we laid on the couch most of the day. This morning I woke up, got out of bed and instantly doubled over. I was in so much pain I could not stand up straight. What do we do? We call my mom (AKA the best nurse ever). She says that it could be a number of things but it would be best to go to the ER. I tried to talk myself out of going to the ER because it would be a total pain to everyone but as much as I tried to talk myself out of it, my body kept screaming you need help. So Kevin canceled patients until 2:00 (thanks honey), my dad came out ASAP to watch Z until he needed to leave for work, and my mom came to our house at noon to relieve my dad and eventually take care of me.

After 7 hours in the emergency room, one CT scan, an IV, pelvic exam, a catheter, and a ultrasound they discovered I had two of the most painful problems one could have. I passed a kidney stone on the right side. I have another kidney stone on the left side waiting to be passed. I also ruptured a large ovarian cyst on my right ovary, and I have another even larger cyst on the same ovary. OUCH! My ER doctor was shocked that I had all that going on at once. He said he has never seen a patient like me ever! Great I made ER history.

Anyways I was sent home with two pain meds and an antibiotic to fight the infection the ruptured cyst released into my abdominal area. So I am on the mend. I wanted to send a loud SHOUT OUT to my mom, dad, and Kevin for totally rearranging their day to care for me and Zachary. I love you guys to pieces. I also must say that I am so relieved that I do not need surgery at this time for either of these problems. I could be a lot worse! Please keep the prayers coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, Hil! We're sending you wishes for a speedy recovery. Can they give you an epidural for that second stone? On the positive side, enjoy your couch time!

Cindy said...

MY GOODNESS!!

Please call me if you ever need anything and I will run right over! I have some experience handling little ones - just call!!
I hope you are feeling better soon!!

PS Was all of this going on while you had people over working at your house? I have seen the trucks the past few days...looks like you have sumthin' goin' on over there!!

Julie said...

Wow, hope you are feeling better soon! I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

haywardfam said...

HILARY! NO way. I'm sorry! That is the pits. I'll tell ya, I had an ovarian cyst rupture once and it was every bit as bad as labor with no epideral! Can't imagine that AND kidney stones! You should have asked for an epideral! So did the other one pass? Oh praying for you...feel better soon.

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Take care and get well soon. I'm sick too but nothing serious - just a lousy cold and sore throat. - I'll try to stop feeling sorry for myself and think of what you've been through. God's healing power surround you.