Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My 30th!

Today I am officially 30! I have had the best birthday. It started last night when my mom hosted my family birthday party. She made one of my faves Lasagna, Salad, and yummy cheese bread. I was surrounded by those I love the most...my parents, my in-laws, my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephew, Kevin, & Zachary. To top off the night we had a Ice Cream Cake for dessert...another favorite. Thanks mom for all your hard work on my party.




Today I awoke to a local radio station. Immediately when I turned it on I heard my "Aunt" Steph on the air announcing my birthday. Then about 5 minutes later the d.j.'s read my name on air twice (My dad also called in my birthday). When it came time for the radio station to pick a winner my name was called. I WON SOMETHING....a $20 gift card to a yummy ice cream/sandwich shoppe. Cool! I never win anything.

Kevin was so sweet. He was planning on bringing me breakfast in bed...fresh cut mixed fruit. But because today is weigh-in at Weight Watchers he knew I normally do not eat before I weigh in... so he gave it to me in a to-go bag to eat after the meeting. How Sweet! Following the meeting, I met Mel for a nice, relaxing lunch. I selected a local pizza place because they have the BEST salads in town. Mel was super sweet to treat me to lunch on my special day. Thanks Mel! Following lunch I ran a couple errands then picked Z up at preschool. I thought I would surprise Z with some birthday entertainment. We met Melody & Charley at the movies for a matinée showing of High School Musical 3. The kids loved it! It was so nice to do something out of the norm for the afternoon.


When I returned home I was bombarded with a mailbox full of cards. Thank you everyone who sent me a card. It was so nice and sweet that you remembered my birthday. You really know how to make someone (ME) feel loved! Then another surprise. The door bell rang and the florist was on my porch. My brother-in-law, sister- in-law, and nieces sent me the most beautiful fall flower arrangement. Thank you Jeff, Kathy, Brynn, & Karsen! You made my day.Because my birthday happens to fall on a Monday, Kevin and I decided that we would go out to eat on Thursday night. So for dinner I made my favorite weight watcher recipe...Chicken Lo Mein. During dinner the door bell went off again and it was one of my best friends from church, Julie. She stopped by to drop off a sweet card and gift. Thank you Julie. That was another good surprise. Following dinner, Z and I blew out a birthday candle on my SmartOne dessert. Since I splurdged last night on the DQ cake I opted to get back on track. It was just what I wanted!



Then the biggest surprise of the day. Kevin brought out my birthday present. He gave me the sweetest card and a very unexpected gift, a new black purse. Thank you Kevin for everything. You are too good to me.


I just wanted everyone to know that I cannot thank you enough for the well wishes, facebook messages, cards, phone calls, visits, lunch date, presents, and most importantly your love & friendship. You all made my 30th birthday super special.

7 comments:

Melody said...

Happy 30th Hil! I am so glad that Charley and I got to share in your special day! Another 15 year and we'll be 45......well at least you will. I will still be 44! Ha! I know with each year our friendship will continue to grow. Your family is such a blessing to us! We Love You!!

Cindy said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!!

Jennifer Horgan said...

Hil - Happy 30th!!! Sounds like you had a really nice birthday. We are a little late with the well wishes but we are thinking of you!

Shannon said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great birthday!!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Happy Birthday Hil!! You are as beautiful at 30 (no, more so) than you were when I first met you. Maybe it's your happiness shining through, because I know you are so blessed and love Kev and Z so much. And, I am sure you are Kevin and Zachary's favorite girl ever!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Hilary! I can't believe I didn't have it on my calendar. Welcome to mid-life!

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a very fun, activity-packed b-day, Hil! How does it feel to be 30? I enjoyed the post - I love your family! I also enjoyed the post about Z's first trip to the dentist. Andrew's first trip back in April did not go so well. We need to make a trip down there to see Dr. Carrie! Enjoy the weekend!