Friday, June 13, 2008

One bad month....

I hate to be a downer but this month has been a very difficult and sad one for my family. First my uncle died, then a patient of Kevin's passed away from a car accident and now this. This blog is supposed to be happy, fun, and about our family...but I guess since it is life then it will be both the good and the bad.

On Thursday, my best friend of 17 years, Melody got the news that no one ever wants to receive. She was diagnosed with an aggressive type of breast cancer. Whew...did I really just type that? Can a 28 year old mommy really have cancer? I don't know why God dealt these cards to Mel, but I do know that God does not give you anything that you cannot handle.

This spring Mel and I went to a bible study on the book of James. At the time Mel and I were not going through any trials. So we did not rely heavily on the scripture verses to much. At this time, I am going back into my notes and clinging to the word that James writes.

James says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develop perseverance". James 1:2

I have to make myself have JOY about this ordeal. Mel has to make herself have JOY, knowing that her faith will be stronger and that some how this HUGE TRIAL will bring her closer to our Lord Jesus Christ. Mel is a very strong, determined, and faithful woman. I know she can beat this. It's just going to be a difficult journey for her, her husband Ryan, her 2 year old daughter, and her family. I wanted to put a link on my blog directly to her site about journey. Click here to view it.

Please say a prayer for Mel and her family.

Mel and Hil pregnant together


Mel and baby Charley


Mel with her parents and daughter


Mel and Hil at Women's Retreat


Hot Springs Annual trip: Mel, Ryan, Hil, and Kev

2 comments:

Melody said...

I think it is important to let everyone know that I am much prettier now than the first picture of me shown as a large whale. Thank you. In my defense, I gave birth 3 days later.

Casey and Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. You will be a strong shoulder to lean on for her through this time. I am praying for the situation. I've cried some tears on her blog. We sure do take each day for granted don't we?