Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our very own Florence Nightingale... from one house to the other




Well, I am happy to report that I am "almost" back to my healthy self. Yesterday (Tuesday) my mom came over in the morning to help with the household chores and to watch Z. I came down with the WORST sore throat in my life and was unable to keep any of my medicines down. Thankfully, my doctor called in some liquid antibiotics and pain medicines. My mom was awesome. She did the laundry, got us lunch, played with Z, and took care of me.

In the afternoon, my sister called saying that she had the chills and was miserable. I dismissed my mom from her duties as my personal nurse & care giver so that she could head to my sisters to care for her. I knew that my sister was getting ready to be hit with the same thing I had. I knew what was coming her way. Boy, did I feel sorry for her. This flu-stuff is terrible.

The funny part of this story is that my mom is a nurse and was currently on spring break. So much for her spring break. She is still caring for sick kids....this time it just happens to be her own. Her 29 and 30 year old daughters. When Kevin arrived home from a long day of work, he informed me that he was chilling and not feeling well. I knew it! I knew that Kevin was going to get this flu junk. Immediately, he started taking anti-fever & anti-pain meds. I called my mom who was at my sisters and told her, "that we needed Florence Nightingale back at our house." So much for my mom's Spring Break. I am hoping by the end of the week I can take my mom out for a nice lunch and maybe some shopping. She deserves it. In honor of my mom I am going to post some super cute pictures of her and her grandsons, Elliott & Zachary.
Thanks Mom, we love you and appreciate all you do to keep us going.

Baby Elliott and Grams


Baby Zachary and Grams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare!!! Thank goodness nurse Sharon could step in and save the day...or several days:)

Mary Stephenson said...

Hey Hil, Mommys always rock the house. . .no matter how old you get! I had pneumonia in January, and my mommy brought us homemade chicken soup. It was so awesome! Moms ROCK! Thanks for the info on the blurb website. I checked it out and I LOVE it! I will definitely use it to make a book ~ that is such a cool idea, thanks for sharing it with me! I think I'll use it to make a Wedding book for my sister, Jean, because she just got engaged. What a cool memory that would be for her to have! Guess what else?!? I bought a Kone yesterday! I needed something like that for quick clean ups, got any other great ideas to share? You save me every day, Hil, thanks! We miss you guys, Erick has already had the boat out - getting ready for fishing with Big Kev. We need to do something cool with the kids one of these weekends that they fish. Why should they have all the fun? Love you! ~ Mary