Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My College Roomate and Ladies Lunch

My sweet college freshman roomate, Anne informed me via FB that her family was coming down for a weekend vacation.  She wondered if we could meet up for a visit.  It had been 10+ years since we had seen each other. Shame on us!  The day that Anne came to town my "grandma" Ruey had already made arrangements for a Ladies Lunch to celebrate Jacinda going back to college.  I asked Anne if she wanted to join us.  We met my family at a local tea room for some good eats and shopping.  Anne & I were the "Odd Couple" of our Baker University freshman class.  I'm not sure what they were thinking when they paired us together because on paper we are complete opposites. Anne was very athletic, very tall, and super duper smart. I was super duper short, on Student Council, sang in the choir, and 100% not athletic. As soon as our parents left us in our dorm room Irwin Hall #8 we knew that we would be life long friends. Out of all the roomates in "Club I" I think we were the most compatable. We looked after each other, helped each other study Anne helped me study, and we both joined the same sorority.  With us both being Alpha Chi's it meant that we would be roomates/housemates for the rest of our undergraduate years.  I love Anne. I love her family. I am thrilled that she let me know she was going to be in the area.
 
We laughed when we realized we had the exact same purse.
 Jacinda, Ruey, and Aunt Kelli
 Rachel, Jerrytt, Aunt Steph, and Mom
 Anne, Me, Will, and Jacinda
Will getting soaking in a lot of time with Jacinda before her sophmore year of college
 Jerrytt needed a little love from Anne too!
 
It was a great day! 

No comments: