Monday, August 27, 2012

My Baby started KINDERGARTEN!

It's been a LONG time but I am re-focused and ready to get back to blogging.  I am going to be bummed I did not blog a lot this past year but I am going to try my hardest to play catch up. 

The biggest thing that has happened in our world is that Zachary started Kindergarten.  He has been begging to go to Kindergarten for the past year...ever since his cousin Elliott started the fall of 2011.  Fortunately the boys are not in the same grade or school district because they are SO competitive with one another.  They are more like brothers than cousins. 

On September 14th, Zachary took the big leap into the real world. I was so excited for him. So excited that I hardly had time to realize what was going on with my baby boy. We started off the morning with a Going to School Breakfast.  Z was super surprised!  After breakfast we went outside for pictures. 


 Our entry way table. My hope is to have the boys school pictures displayed on this table every year. But since Zachary didn't have school pictures yet I posted some of Kevin and I.
 I made a HUGE breakfast and Z hardly touched it.  He was so excited!



 Baby Brother looking up to his big brother

After we walked Zachary to school, Kevin went to work and came back home.  Our school had a Boo Hoo/ YAHOO breakfast for all of the parents. I fully attended to attend the breakfast however after we walked him to his classroom I decided it was best if I walked home with Kevin.  After Kevin left for work, Will went down for a nap, and I felt so different.  I was happy, sad, excited, and tired all at the same time.  That first day of school seemed to take forever. I could wait to go back up there and pick him up. Fortunately, Z's teacher texted me 2 times about volunteering in the classroom and each text she told me that he was doing awesome.  Kevin and I were so proud of Zachary.  Basically I had a long To-Do list once Z started school and I didn't get one thing done that entire day. I was lonesome. I lost my shadow that has been by me for the past 6 years.  Thank God I still have Will to take care of. I can't imagine what I will be like when my "BABY" starts school.

No comments: