Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm BACK!

Well I am not sure if anyone missed me but I am back. We have been on a family vacation/ business trip for the past week. My plan was to download photos and blog every night from our hotel room so that I would not get behind on my blogging. However the Westin Waterfront Hotel in Boston, MA had different plans for me. NO free WI-FI. I refuse to pay $100 for a week of internet access. For those of you who are thinking why didn't I take the computer to the lobby or all over the city of Boston...this was my thought. How was I going to use the computer in a lobby or on the subway with a very curious 2 year old. AGAIN NOT WORTH IT. So I am planning on doing daily blog updates from our trip. Boston ROCKED! It was fantastic and thanks to wonderful family friends, Terry & Karen, we had our own personal taxi, concierge, chauffer, tourguide, and entertainment our entire time in Boston. While Kevin was in continuing education classes Terry & Karen would take Zachary and I ALL over the city. IT WAS AWESOME and so much fun to spend time with them. THANK YOU TERRY & KAREN. Well stayed tuned to the blog if you are interested in our trip.

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

You are a dedicated blogger, indeed. I think enjoying your vacation was more important than making sure you blogged about it, anyway. Probably gave you a needed techno-break.

But I do know the feeling of being disconnected without my technology. I won't be able to take my iPhone with me to Germany because it automatically "fetches" information, and they told me at the AT&T store that I would probably get home with a $5,000 cellular bill even if I never used it. Ikes!

But, frankly, it makes me very nervous just thinking about traveling without one. What will I do on my layover in Dallas if I can't check email? If I can't phone Jim? I'm afraid I'm gonna freak out before I ever leave the country.

Do you think a binky in the shape of a cell phone would help?